IV. Potential and investment opportunities:
1. Development potential of international container entrepot and port services:
Van Phong is a large Bay with 41,000 hectares of water surface, sheltered and not be filled. Particularly Dam Mon penisula is 3.500ha wide, sheltered in the four directions by the mountains, avoid wind and storm season, completely sheltered with a depth of 20m to 27m, having Cua Lon creek with 950 meter wide, deep over 18m and Cua Be creek with 700m wide, 27m depth. Behind this penisuala is Hon Gom peninsula that is very convenient for the development of the port. This is the best airtight position in Vietnam's ports. It is convenient to build an international container transshipment port. With its ideal depth, Van Phong port is convenient for container ships with a carrying capacity up to 15,000 TEU.
- With the advantage sheltered and wide area, Van Phong transshipment port container can catch many cargo ships at the same time, there is comfortable for large ships to anchor in the port for waiting or resting.
- Van Phong Bay is located between HongKong and Singapore port and located on the crossroads of international maritime. With the position is near the shipping lanes where many containers and intenational ships crossing, Van Phong has more advantages to developing international container entrepot.
- The terrain and area of Hon Gom peninsula allows to build the large duty free area with the function for processing, assembly, processing, and create conditions for the carriers calling their goods from the branches sending by container and airway to process the finished products, saving the cost of production and transportation
With such favorable conditions, Van Phong meets the criteria for building international container transshipment port by seaway and port services.
2. The potential for tourism development:
Van Phong Bay Area has a mild climate, neglected natural landscape, abundant terrain. It has natural ecosystem, the coast and gulf, rocky mountains, dunes, mangrove and pristine forest, ancient fishing villages, mountainous landscapes, majestic lakes ... in the areas of Hon Gom peninsula, Hon Lon Island, Dai Lanh, Son Tap - Hoa Son, Doc Let - Mui Du, Hon Heo- Nha Phu Lagoon that creates favorable conditions for organization of marine ecotourism activities combines moutainous ecological activities, specially Dam Mon area with conditions for development of travel port. This area is identified as one of four general resorts of the country, located between two major tourist centers of Hue - Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City and vicinity; is the gateway of the South Central tourist area, South and Central Highlands.
"According to many experts and researchers of tourism development investment, Van Phong-Dai Lanh is a place which has the potential for developing marine ecotourism with international standards, a rare marine tourism resource both in landscape and environment, an ideal location that anywhere in Vietnam country can hardly get"
3. The potential for industrial development:
With the advantages of the seaport and the areas around the bay with wide area, flat terrain, near the North-South traffic axis facilitate the formation of multi-sector industrial zones as the shipbuilding industry, the industries supporting shipbuilding, power industry, oil refining, petrochemical ... not arrange the toxic industrial type, capable of causing environmental pollution in Van Phong Bay area.
4. The potential for aquaculture development:
Gulf has a large area, sheltered, mild climate, so it is the favorable condition for economic development of the fisheries, especially lobster, prawns, grouper, pearl, snails, mussels, seaweed...
In general, with the above the potential and advantages mentioned, the Northern region of Van Phong economic zone is determined to establish special economic zone in the North of Van Phong in order to best exploit the advantages of the economic location, geo-strategic to build a large and modern tourism service center of the region and international. It also attracts investment and supplement industries which have developed conditions such as financial services, banking, insurance, real estate, shipping, trade, information, communications, high technology industry, agricultural ecology ... to create driving force and spread to develop Khanh Hoa province, South central region and Central Highlands.
- The list of projects calling for investment in Van Phong Economic zone:
- Urban area in the Northeast of Ninh Hoa (550 hectares)
- Industrial complexes Ninh Hai (242 hectares)
- Indusstries calling for invesment in Ninh Thuy economic zone (207.9 hectares);
- Preferential policies on Van Phong economic zone:
Van Phong economic zone is applied preferential policies in investment for areas with extremely difficult socio-economic conditions specified (Paragraph 3 of Article 16 of Decree 29/2008/ND-CP dated March 14th 2008 regulating about industrial parks, export processing zones and economic zones) such as:
- Income Tax (Pursuant to Decree 218/2013/ND-CP dated December 26th 2013).
+ Income of enterprise from performance of new investment project is applied preferential tax rate of 10% within 15 years calculated continuously from the first year the enterprises have the revenue from business activities for tax incentives. Tax exemption for 4 years, reduction of 50% of tax payable for the next 9 years from the first year when the enterprise has taxable income from investment applied tax preferences.
+ Enterprises expand scale of production, raising capacity and production technology if meeting one of three criteria specified in in Paragraph 5 of Article 15 of Decree 218/2013/ND-CP shall be entitled to tax preferential of projects under operation for the remaining time (if any) or be exempted from or reduced in tax for the income additionally increased from the investment and expansion.
+ During the operation, after the settlement with the tax authorities that loss, loss of business was transferred to the following year; this loss amounts to be deducted from taxable income. Period for transferring losses shall not exceed five years from the year following the year they were incurred.
- Personal Income Tax (Pursuant to Circular 128/2014/TT-BTC Dated September 5th 2014): Reduction 50% income tax for individuals working in economic zones.
- Tariff: (Decree No.87/2010/ND-CP dated August 13th 2010)
+ Import tax exemption for 5 years from date of production for raw materials, supplies and components that cannot be domestically produced yet imported for manufacturing except projects and items are defined in Decree No. 87 / 2010 / ND-CP.
+ Tax exemption for goods imported to create fixed assets of investment projects on the list as stipulated in Decree No. 87/2010/ND-CP.
- Land rent and water surface rent (Decree 46/2014 / ND-CP)
+ The land rents and water surface rents shall be exempted during the fundamental construction period according to the projects approved by the competent authorities for most 3 years from the effective date of the land lease contracts.
The land rent and water surface rent shall be exempted in these cases:
+ The projects on the list domains entitled to investment incentives and special investment incentives are exempted from land rent or water surface during the operation of the project.
+ The project on the list of domains entitled to special investment incentives are exempted from land rent or water surface for 15 years.
+ The projects are not in the above subjects are exempted from land rent and water surface rent for 11 years.
- The special tax incentives for the non-tariff zone:
+ Goods exported from non-tariff zones to foreign countries; goods imported from foreign countries into non-tariff zones for use in non-tariff zones only; goods transported from one non-tariff zone to another: are not liable to import duty or export duty (Article 2 of Decree 87/2010/ND-CP dated August 13th 2010).
+ Goods and services traded between foreigners with non-tariff areas and between non-tariff areas together: are objects not liable to VAT.
+ Non-tariff zones include: Export processing zones and export processing enterprises, bonded warehouses, bonded zones, bonded warehouses, special trade and economic areas, trade - industrial and other economic areas are founded and applied tax preference as the non-tariff zone as the Decision of the Prime Minister. Goods trade and exchange relation between the zones with outside is the relationship with export and import. (Article 04 Circular 06/2012/TT-BTC dated January 11th 2012)
+ Goods and services from inland Vietnam exports to non-tariff zone will be get value added tax rate of 0%. (Article 9 of Circular 06/2012/TT-BTC dated 11/01/2012)
- And other preferential tax prescribed by law
VII. The points of receiving, processing and issuance of investment certificate for the project in Van Phong economic zone and the Khanh Hoa Industrial Zones.
- Investment Management Division - The management Board of Van Phong economic zone
No 6 Le Thanh Phuong Street – Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa
Phone number: 0084-58-3560588; Fax: 0084-58-3820766