1. Order of execution:
a) Filing document - administrative procedures:
* Option 1: Filing at "One-Stop Shop" (OSS) of Khanh Hoa Department of Transport (04 Phan Chu Trinh, Nha Trang), from Monday to Saturday morning weekly during working hours, except public holidays and holidays as prescribed.
* Option 2: Filing through the Internet at one of the following websites:
+ http://sgtvt.khanhhoa.gov.vn : selecting "Receiving, solving administrative procedures under OSS mechanism".
+ http://tthc.khanhhoa.gov.vn : making electronic submission (file with document, papers, forms, declaration by paper as prescribed, the number of dossiers to be submitted according to assigned procedure), printing attached dossier receipt.
+ http://gplx.gov.vn : selecting "Changing driving license online"
b) Deal with administrative procedures
- The Department of Transportation receives, appraises, exchanges driving license and returns dossier of driving-license exchanging for the driving license holder.
- In case of suspicion of foreign driving license, the agency of issuing driving license shall make a written request to Embassy or Consulate of the country which issues driving license in Vietnam for verification.
- In case of suspicion of passport, identity card or citizen ID card, Diplomatic identity card, the agency of issuing driving license shall make a written request to Ministry of foreign Affairs, the Administration of Immigration of the Public Security Ministry, Immigration Departments of Police Departments of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government for verification (When coming to carry out the procedure for changing the driving licenses, drivers will be taken photograph directly at the agency of issuing driving licenses and the original documents mentioned above should be presented (except for submitted originals) for comparison.
3. Composition and numbers of dossiers
a) Dossier composition:
- Application for changing of driving license as standard form
- The translation of the foreign driving license into Vietnamese is certified the translation quality by the notary public or Vietnamese Embassy, Consulate in which the translator works, and stamped on the copy’s adjoining edges of the driving license.
- Certified copy of exit and entry list of the Ministry of Public Security or copy of passport, including serial number of passport, full name and photo of person granted, expiry date and entry visa pages into Vietnam;
- 01 color photos of 3 cm x 4 cm in blue background, like ID card or citizen identification card.
b) Number of dossier: 01 set
4. Processing time: Not more than 05 working days since the date of receiving complete and valid dossiers as stipulated and having results verified in case of need.
5) Subjects to be implemented the administrative procedures: Individuals.
6) Agencies performing the administrative procedures:
a) Agencies competent for decision: Department of Transport
b) Competent agencies or persons authorized or decentralized for implementation (if any): None
c) Direct executing agency: Department of Transport
d) Coordinating agency (if any): no
7) Implementation results of administrative procedures: Driving license
8) Fees and charges: fee: 135.000 VND /times
9) Name of standard form and declaration form of administrative procedures: The application for exchanging of driving license as standard Form specified at Appendix 20, Circular No. 12/2017/ TT-BGTVT on April 15, 2017 of the Minister of Transport stipulating on the training, examination and granting driving licenses for road motor vehicles (for foreigners)
10) Requirements and conditions for implementation of administrative procedures:
Foreign tourists drive foreign-registered vehicles into Vietnam, having valid national driving licenses
11) Legal basis of administrative procedures:
- Circular No. 12/2017/ TT-BGTVT on April 15, 2017 of the Minister of Transport stipulating on the training, examination and granting driving licenses for road motor vehicles.
- Circular No. 188/2016/ TT-BTC on November 8, 2016 of the Minister of Finance stipulating on charging rates, regulations of fee collection, fee payment, managing and use of fees for granting licenses, certificates of means operation and fees for registering and granting number plates of specialized motorcycles.